In general, SPUC recommends lobbying Lords by post rather than by email, because Lords are more likely to read, take seriously and reply to postal letters.
Search for members of the House of Lords by surname:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W Y
Writing to Lords
You can write to any Lord at the following address:
House of Lords
If you do lobby a Lord by email, SPUC does not recommend emailing more than one Lord at a time. In any email message you send to lobby a Lord:
- the To field should only contain one Lord's email address, and the Cc and Bcc fields left blank.
- the Subject line should be short and clear e.g. "Please vote against [...] bill on [date]".
- start with one of the following salutations:
- Lord (or Viscount, Earl etc) as "Dear Lord [surname]"
- Baroness as "Dear Lady [surname]"
- Archbishop or Duke as "Your Grace"
- Bishop as "My Lord"
- write in your own words, and keep it brief and courteous.
- end "Yours sincerely".
- add your real full name and at least the town/city where you live, if not your full postal address.
Please remember always to forward any replies you receive from Lords to Katherine Hampton at: email@example.com