Telephone support service: 020 8407 3463
This is a confidential telephone support service.
- We offer a first point of contact for relatives and friends of patients in hospital who may be in danger of euthanasia by neglect. A sympathetic listener is always there if you need someone to talk to about your fears and concerns for someone you love.
- We are available to take calls from hospital staff to confirm the wishes of any member of the Network who is in a critical state in hospital.
- A growing team of Patients First Network volunteers is there to support a vulnerable person in hospital at critical times, if no next-of-kin is available.
- Patients First Network needs the support of its members in order to offer them the help they need. However, the telephone support service is available to anyone.
- We urge carers, next-of-kin and friends to call us at the earliest stage possible when a vulnerable person is nearing death and there are any concerns about the situation.
The Patients First Network volunteers who answer calls are trained befrienders.