Want to donate to The Philippines? Consider Caritas Manila
14 November 2013
How can you help people in the Philippines as the country recovers from the typhoon?
SPUC has received enquiries in recent days from pro-lifers wanting to donate to help the people of the Philippines following the typhoon there.
Readers may consider supporting Caritas Manila - donation details can be found at: http://www.caritas.org.ph/Call-To-Action/about.html
Please note that the donation process uses amounts in Philippines pesos (PhP), so you may wish to check the exchange rate/use a currency-converter to know what your donation will be in British pounds.
Unfortunately many of the member-charities of the popular Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) provide and/or promote abortion and/or contraception etc. In contrast, Caritas Manila has a webpage from its chairman, Cardinal Luis Tagle, lamenting the passage of the population control bill through the national legislature. [John Smeaton, 14 November]
- US Catholic bishops resolve unanimously to continue to oppose Obama's anti-life healthcare mandate [USCCB, 13 November]
- US Catholic bishops create new post to aid post-abortion healing [National Catholic Register, 13 November]
- English mother wants £500k in 'wrongful birth' case [Mail, 12 November]
- Babies saved after women refused abortions after fetal death misdiagnosis [Mail, 10 November]
- Women who had UK abortions to bring case against Ireland to the United Nations [Pat Buckley, 9 November]
- "Abortion is a threat to the very existence of the nation," says Angola's Catholic bishops [Aleteia, 8 November]
- Lesbian couple sue NHS after hospital prevented them from accessing IVF [Pink News, 14 November]
- Maternity units cut spending as births increase [Times, 14 November]
- Review of Do No Harm, a novel by SPUC's Fiorella de Maria Nash [Pat Buckley, 13 November]