Northern Ireland pro-lifers ready to respond to abortion guidelines
15 March 2013
Edwin Poots is the health minister in Northern Ireland
SPUC, which twice forced the Northern Ireland Department of Health to withdraw misleading guidelines on the Province's abortion law, has said it will not hesitate to go back to court if that is the only way it can ensure that unborn children receive the full protection provided under Northern Ireland law.
SPUC was responding to the news that Edwin Poots, the health minister, has circulated draft guidelines to the Northern Ireland Executive. They are expected to be published by the end of March.
The guidelines will then be the subject of a 16-week public consultation. [SPUC, 8 March]
- Comic Relief misleads the Catholic Church about abortion support [John Smeaton, 15 March]
- Abortion figures in Sweden have increased since introduction of morning-after pill [The Local, 15 March]
- Scottish pro-euthanasia doctor reveals how he gave sleeping pills to elderly couple [Mail, 13 March]
- Paralysed man joins Nicklinson euthanasia appeal case [Scotsman, 15 March]
- Leading experts will address SPUC's int'l youth conference, 22-24 March [John Smeaton, 11 March]