Pro-life leaders react to US Bishops agency's funding of pro-abortion groups
23 July 2013
CRS is been funding two leading pro-abortion organisations
Pro-life leaders are expressing outrage after LifeSiteNews.com revealed that Catholic Relief Services (CRS), the US Catholic bishops' overseas aid agency, is funding two leading pro-abortion organisations, CARE and Population Services International (PSI).
John Smeaton, SPUC's chief executive commented: "Firstly, CARE and PSI's knowledge that, year after year, CRS will give them millions of dollars for ostensibly ethical projects enables them to budget and plan ahead for their unethical activities.
"Secondly, receiving millions from CRS helps whitewash their reputations in the wider world and entrenches their presence in the countries where they operate.
"Lastly, there are legions of pro-life/pro-family Catholic initiatives which desperately need funding, such as MaterCare International, the Billings Ovulation Method and Culture of Life Africa. CRS' millions for CARE and PSI should be given to them instead." [LifeSiteNews.com, 19 July]
- Man in forced abortion threat case grateful to SPUC
- Explicit sex ed agenda challenged by pro-family campaign Safe at School
- Liverpool Care Pathway: First pro-life group to sound alarm welcomes review's recommendation
- SPUC Scotland responds to nursing home director's assisted suicide comments
- Reported death of woman, following 2012 London abortion, introduced in final week of Ireland's abortion debate [Pat Buckley, 22 July]
- Pro-life activist's former abortion clinic in Texas closes [CNA, 19 July]
- Abortion: Whatever happened to fathers and sex? [SPUC youth blog, 17 July]
- IVF linked to intellectual disability, autism in children: large study [LifeSiteNews.com, 19 July]
- Chinese scholar: One-child policy "worse than Cultural Revolution" [LifeNews.com, 18 July]
- Nights away from mum 'leave babies less secure' [Mail, 22 July]
- Lesbian couple and their sperm donor fight for custody over children [Daily Telegraph, 20 July]