Be a leader in the campaign to save marriage
2 April 2013
Peter Smith is one of our team at the UN - but he also does leafleting in his spare time
On 5th February 2013, the House of Commons voted by 400 to 175 in support of legalising same-sex marriage. It seems likely that the next major vote in the House of Commons - the third reading - will take place towards the end of May.
This bill can still be stopped, but not without your help.
Many people think that letting people with same-sex attraction get married is only fair. They have no idea of the far-reaching effects of such a move. A recent legal opinion has confirmed that:
- churches will be penalised if they refuse to conduct same-sex marriages
- that teachers will lose their jobs if they fail to teach children about same-sex marriages, and
- that parents will not be allowed to withdraw their children from such lessons.
Moreover, if this legislation is passed then motherless and fatherless families will be institutionalised.
Real marriage protects unborn children. Babies conceived outside marriage are four to five times more likely to be aborted. In undermining the true nature of marriage in law we undermine the institution which gives most protection to unborn children.
SPUC is looking for leaders to volunteer to co-ordinate local leafleting teams against this legislation. Door-to-door leafleting is the tried and trusted way of reaching large numbers of people with an important message.
We are targeting specific constituencies where we feel the MP might be convinced to either vote against the bill, or at the very least abstain if they voted in favour of it at second reading.
But it is essential, if our leafleting campaign is going to be effective, that it is organised by committed leaders. Can you lead a leafleting team in your constituency or a nearby constituency on our target list? SPUC can give you all the materials you need to lead a local campaign and can help you to recruit local leafleters.
Will you please help us to do everything we can to stop this dangerous legislation?
Please email email@example.com if you can help. [John Smeaton, 28 March]
- Researcher: 1.72 Billion Abortions Worldwide Over Last 40 Years [LifeNews.com, 1 April]
- African and other nations strike blow for the family at Human Rights Council [John Smeaton, 29 March]
- Will Planned Parenthood Fire Staffer Promoting Infanticide? [LifeNews.com, 29 March]
- What is Planned Parenthood Hiding? Abortion Biz Engaging in Fraud [LifeNews.com, 28 March]
- Trial of abortionist Kermit Gosnell underway [Pat Buckley, 27 March]
- Abortions in China since 1971 higher than total US population [Pat Buckley, 26 March]
- It's essential the pro-life movement learns from its history [John Smeaton, 25 March]
- The dire situation on adoption reveals the cruel illogicality of abortion [John Smeaton, 20 March]
- Was forcibly-sterilized woman hanged at Chinese 'family planning' office? [LifeNews.com, 29 March]
- Women in India are more likely to get prenatal care when pregnant with boys, suggests study [Medical News Today, 1 April]
- Easter Sunday gift to unborn children in The Philippines [John Smeaton, 21 March]
- Act to stop Liverpool Care Pathway being used as "backdoor euthanasia" [John Smeaton, 26 March]
- Rise of 'raunch culture' is damaging schoolgirls [Mail, 1 April]
- Pray for life in Walsingham on Monday, 8th April [John Smeaton, 30 March]