SPUC condemns Belfast abortion centre plans
12 October 2012
Marie Stopes have abortion centres across England and have recently established one in Belfast
Claims that Marie Stopes International is to carry out abortions at a new centre in Belfast have been condemned by SPUC.
It is irresponsible and crass for the abortion giant to suggest it would provide abortions at a newly-established centre. The procedure is only legal when there is a serious danger to the mother's life. SPUC has twice taken Northern Ireland health department to court to force it to withdraw abortion guidelines, because they failed to reflect the law accurately.
SPUC was proved correct in its approach to the law on both occasions. [SPUC, 11 October]
- Viability bad guide to abortion law reform, says SPUC
- No plans to review abortion law, insists health minister Earl Howe [Independent, 11 October]
- Irish bishops: A decisive moment for nation, we must choose life [Pat Buckley, 12 October]
- Mayor of Buenos Aires announces veto of abortion law [LifeSiteNews.com, 11 October]
- An inside view: Abortion is foreign to Africa [LifeSiteNews.com, 10 October]
- Dolly the sheep scientist Keith Campbell dies [Guardian, 12 October]
- Colombian bishops say nothing justifies legalizing euthanasia [CNA, 11 October]
- "Prosecute doctors who put my mother on pathway to death" [Scotsman, 11 October]
- Ontario minister says Catholic schools can't teach pro-life views [LifeSiteNews.com, 11 October]