Announcing the SPUC International Pro-Life Youth Conference 2014
Posted by Daniel Blackman on 1 October 2013
You are warmly invited, and encouraged, to come to the 7th international pro-life youth conference of the Society for the Protection of Unborn Children (SPUC), held at the Telford campus, just outside of Birmingham.
You will get a superb conference run over three days, following a programme of talks, workshops, organised entertainment each evening, abundant pro-life literature to take away, three good meals and several tea breaks each day, all set in pleasant surroundings.
The conference is an ideal opportunity for students and young adults to make friends with fellow pro-lifers in a familial and motivated setting. Attendees will have the chance to be educated and encouraged to be actively pro-life in their own communities and places of study.
Our keynote speakers this year are:
- John-Henry Westen, founder and editor of international pro-life news service LifeSiteNews.com.
- Rev Dr Philip Egan, Bishop of Portsmouth and philosopher.
Also speaking will be:
- Dr William Newton of Steubenville University and the International Theological Institute
- Dr Helen Watt of the Anscombe Bioethics Centre
- Patrick Buckley, United Nations Lobbyist
- Fiorella Nash, popular SPUC researcher and speaker.
We want you to receive the best possible pro-life formation in an enjoyable and stimulating environment. This conference is run over three days, where you can expect the following:
- A line-up of international experts speaking on up to date pro-life topics. More details on our keynote speakers will be unveiled in future blogposts.
- Opportunities for questions, panel discussions/debates so that you can ask and discuss the most important pro-life issues we face today.
- A top quality range of literature for you to take away.
- The chance to spend three days in the company of other young pro-lifers in the UK and abroad. You'll make new friends and learn about the pro-life and student experiences of others.
- Each day you'll be served meals and refreshment. These are great opportunities to talk with the speakers and relax with other young adults.
- We'll guarantee you entertainment and a reasonably priced bar for drinks. Previous conferences have included films, talent shows, ceilidh bands and dancing.
This conference has proven popular with students and young adults from all over the UK and abroad. Each year young adults get to hear a top line-up of expert speakers such as Professor David Paton, Professor Patrick Pullicino, Dr Helen Watt, Rev Dr Andrew Pinsent, Bryan Kemper, Rebecca Keissling, and Arnold Culbreath, to name a few.
We are now taking bookings. Do not delay. If you're booking as part of a group it's best to start organising early. Booking early also means you'll be able to book your coach or train tickets at a cheaper price, and don't forget to apply for SPUC Branch sponsored places.
Email email@example.com with your details and we'll send you the booking form. Also feel free to email us if you have any questions.
I’m confident you’ll want to come, so don’t delay.