(Details for the 2016 Conference have now been announced - click here to find the full list of speakers and book your place online)
The annual SPUC Youth Conference has been very successful in recent years in educating and motivating the youth of today to engage in peaceful and effective pro-life work all over the UK.
Speakers in previous years have included:
- John-Henry Westen, co-founder and editor-in-chief of LifeSiteNews.com
- His Eminence Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke
- Rebecca Kiessling
- Rev Arnold Culbreath from Protecting Black Life
- Stephen Barrie from the Linacre Centre
- Ira Winter of Life Fertility Care
- Jamie Bogle
- Fr Dr Andrew Pinsent, Research Director of the Ian Ramsey Centre for Science and Religion at Oxford University
- Dr Helen Watt of the Anscombe Centre
The next conference will run from Friday 11 March (late afternoon) until Sunday 13 March 2016 (after lunch), at the High Leigh conference centre, Hertfordshire (you can find all the details and book online here).
It is vital that the youth of today attend SPUC’s annual youth conference to equip themselves with the knowledge needed to go out and carry out pro-life work in our schools, universities, homes and communities.
If we don't educate ourselves, how can we possibly hope to fight against the anti-life culture which has developed over the past 50 years? This is the starting point from which we branch out and achieve the goal of defending and promoting the sanctity of human life.
Our aim is to provide young people with the best possible pro-life formation in an enjoyable and stimulating environment. Attendees can expect the following:
- A line-up of international experts speaking the most recent and relevant pro-life topics
- Opportunities for questions, panel discussions/debates
- A top quality range of literature to take away.
- The chance to spend three days in the company of other young pro-lifers from the UK and abroad
- To make new friends and learn from the pro-life and student experiences of others
- Each day you’ll be served meals and refreshment
- Rare opportunities to meet with speakers and relax with other young pro-life adults
- Entertainment including a Friday evening quiz, a Saturday ceilidh and a reasonably priced bar
Click here to see photos from the 2015 conference!
The youth conference is also open to attendees from other countries. Young people from Spain and Malta have been welcomed in recent years. Assistance and advice on local transport is available for those in foreign countries who are interested in attending the conference.
For more information, please contact Rhoslyn Thomas:
Phone: 020 7820 3140