50th Anniversary Tour
Expert speakers from SPUC will be travelling to towns and cities in England and Wales throughout 2017 to mark 50 tragic years of abortion.
This is part of a year long programme of events to mark the anniversary of the passing of the 1967 Abortion Act, and to commemorate the lives of 8.7 million unborn children lost to abortion in the last 50 years.
The 50th Anniversary Tour will hold meetings throughout England and Wales at churches (of all denominations), youth groups, and other community groups - anywhere which would welcome a visiting speaker from SPUC during the 50th anniversary year of the 1967 Abortion Act.
Why do we need to spread the pro-life message?
- Every week 4,000 babies are killed by abortion; the equivalent of 20 passenger jets crashing
- Countless women and families have been wounded by abortion
- 50 years of legalised abortion has spawned a huge commercial abortion industry which makes money from killing babies
John Smeaton, Chief Executive of SPUC. John has been working full-time for SPUC since 1978, and became national director in 1996. his role is to lead the Society in all its aims and campaigns.
Rhoslyn Thomas, Youth and Education Officer. Rhoslyn's role is to help support students and young people in the pro-life movement.
Fiorella Nash, researcher and writer. Fiorella specialises in pro-life issues from the perspective of women's rights.
Antonia Tully, National Co-ordinator of Safe at School. Antonia campaigns against inappropriate sex education in schools and advises parents on how to protect their children.
Dr Anthony McCarthy, Publications, Research and Education Director. Anthony manages our educational programme and publications. He also produces and directs academic research in bioethics for SPUC.
Dr Tom Rogers, Education Outreach Manager. An academic and educationalist, Tom co-ordinates SPUC’s outreach to schools and colleges in England and Wales.
One or more of our expert speakers will address meetings depending on availability.
How can I get involved?
This is how you can be part of the 50th Anniversary Tour:
- Plan a meeting in your neighbourhood
- Approach your priest or pastor for permission to invite SPUC to your church
- Get in touch with the SPUC 50th Anniversary team
SPUC will support you by providing help and guidance in planning your meeting, offering advice on publicity, and we'll equip you with all the materials you'll need.
Key questions we'll be answering
- How badly can an abortion affect a woman’s mental health?
- Are doctors miscertifying women for abortions?
- Are medical professionals able to exercise conscientious objection to abortion?
- How are young people being targeted by the abortion industry?
Fill in the form above (for mobile users scroll down) to book a speaker and bring the tour to YOUR town!
What you’ll take away
- Facts and figures to help you speak up for unborn children to defend them from abortion
- How you can start local activities to raise awareness about abortion and help save lives
- Information on a political strategy to get the plight of unborn babies heard in Parliament