2018 Campaign Tour: We Care About Women
For over 50 years SPUC has been deeply concerned about the impact of abortion
on women’s health.
During the 2018 Campaign Tour we will be focusing on:
- The threat of decriminalising abortion and the dangers for vulnerable women
- Why 98% of abortions in the UK are illegal and how doctors are miscertifying women for abortion
- The scandalous way in which Britain’s abortion industry treats women
- The real impact of abortion on women’s health
- Fully referenced booklets will be available at every meeting supporting these areas of concern.
Why do we need to spread the pro-life message?
- Every week 4,000 babies are killed by abortion; the equivalent of 20 passenger jets crashing
- Countless women and families have been wounded by abortion
- 50 years of legalised abortion has spawned a huge commercial abortion industry which makes money from killing babies
John Smeaton, Chief Executive of SPUC. John has been working full-time for SPUC since 1978, and became National Director in 1996. His role is to lead SPUC in all its aims and campaigns.
Dr Anthony McCarthy, Communications and Education Director. Anthony manages SPUC’s educational programme and publications. He also produces and directs academic research in bioethics for SPUC.
Antonia Tully, Director of Campaigns and Development. Antonia works on campaigns to bring about the political change we need to get legal protection for unborn babies and an end to the abortion industry.
Fiorella Nash, Research and writer. Fiorella specialises in bioethics from a feminist perspective.
Dr Tom Rogers, Education Outreach Manager. Tom is an academic and educationalist who co-ordinates SPUC’s Safe at School campaign which opposes inappropriate sex education in schools and advises parents on how to protect their children.
Katherine Hampton, Political Assistant. Katherine monitors pro-life issues in Parliament.
Graham Draper, Development Assistant. Graham works to support and develop SPUC branches in England and Wales.
How can I get involved?
This is how you can be part of the 2018 Campaign Tour:
- Getting in touch with the SPUC 2018 Campaign Tour team
- Planning a meeting in your neighbourhood
- Approaching your priest or pastor for permission to invite SPUC to your church
SPUC will support you by providing help and guidance in planning your meeting, offering advice on publicity, and we'll equip you with all the materials you'll need.
What you’ll take away from coming to a 2018 campaign tour meeting
- Facts and figures to help you speak up for unborn children to defend them from abortion.
- How you can start local activities to raise awareness about abortion and help save lives
- Information on a political strategy to achieve changes to protect unborn babies and their mothers.
Fill in the form above (below for mobile users) to book a speaker and bring the tour to YOUR town!