Respond to sex education consultation
This Consultation is now closed: Thank you
Thank you for downloading SPUC’s briefing materials and for taking part in the Government’s RSE consultation which closed on 12 February.
The Department of Education is running a consultation on:
“Changes to the teaching of
Sex and Relationship Education and PSHE”
PLEASE ACT NOW AND RESPOND
- The Children and Social Work Act 2017 made Relationship Education in all primary schools a compulsory school subject and Relationships and Sex Education in all secondary schools. This legislation applies to England only.
- This new legislation has been described as: "a state takeover bid for parenting".
- On 19 December 2017 the government launched a consultation on what should be taught in these new compulsory subjects.
- This is an opportunity to help shape what is taught to our children in school about these important matters.
- All concerned citizens, and especially parents, grandparents and those working professionally in schools are encouraged to take part in this consultation.
- This consultation closes at 11.45 pm on 12 February 2018